FORUMS: list search recent posts

Evaluating PI SE demo, getting distorted background image...?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J0hnnyG
Evaluating PI SE demo, getting distorted background image...?
on Apr 27, 2007 at 8:39:49 pm

When adding avi converted from mpeg2 using BlazeMedia Pro, image is very distoreted and shows 4 of the same image across the background. Same result at 29.97 or 30 FPS. PC is AMD XP 3200+ with ATI all-in-woner x600 or x800 (posting from work, not sure). Works fine on my laptop though...? Any thoughts on how to fix? I want to install the purchased version on my tower v/s my laptop.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Evaluating PI SE demo, getting distorted background image...?
on Apr 28, 2007 at 3:44:58 am

What codec did you use to compress the AVI? I've seen some funny things with some codecs. Could also be a video driver issue. Is your laptop card also ATI, are you running the same drivers on both?

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

J0hnnyG
on May 3, 2007 at 7:45:03 pm

Sorry for the late reply back and thanks for helping. I actually left the AVI uncompressed, as I was not sure which to use and the video lenght was only a few minutes. The laptop card is on-board, so it is not an ATI and would have different drivers.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on May 5, 2007 at 4:50:51 pm

I'd first suggest getting the latest certified drivers from the ATI site to rule out any video card conflicts. BlazeMediaPro is supposed to allow you to create a sequence of images from a video clip, so you may want to try converting the mpeg into a sequence of PNG or JPGs to see if that works.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]