FORUMS: list search recent posts

Background transparent ?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Halva von flake
Background transparent ?
on Apr 17, 2007 at 10:26:20 pm

hello can i make this with version 3.0 ??

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Background transparent ?
on Apr 18, 2007 at 5:33:55 am

Yes. Save your images out as a sequence of TGA, TIF or PNG files and check the Save Alpha box in the Output Options screen. That will get you a transparent background.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Halva von flake
on Apr 18, 2007 at 7:05:44 am

mmh thais only a picture for avi is it not going ? output as Flash flv was great but this is not a option.

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Apr 19, 2007 at 12:18:28 am

I use .PNG all the time to save PI effects with alpha/transparency channel for video editing/creation.

You need some kind of NLE (video) editing software that is able to recognize and open a sequence of .PNG or whatever other format Dean mentioned. Make sure you have: "Single Frame Only" un-checked and "Alpha Channel' checked when you export.

For example, I want to use what I make in PI in Sony Vegas 6 and let's say I have 800 frames that I want to export from my PI-3 project, let's call it "Stars":

-- As I export from PI, I first create a folder called "Stars," then name the to-be-exported .PNGs the same. What I get is a folder with 800 single frames. By the way, I always use uncompressed so as to get the best quality.

-- I import it into Vegas telling it to read the entire sequence, i.e. Stars001-Stars800. And that's what I get in my track time line: a moving sequence that acts just like any .AVI, not just one still image.

Last, a some video tech trivia/info on file formats:

-- .AVI is actually just a "closed" container of single frames anyway. You just can't see it as multiple frames as you can in a folder of .PNG files. If one compares the file size of uncompressed .AVI with that of a sequence of uncompressed .PNGs etc. of the same thing, one sees that it comes out to about the same in Mb or Gb.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]