FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help, how do I get 720x576 format output video?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amnien
Please help, how do I get 720x576 format output video?
on Apr 16, 2007 at 2:34:24 pm

Hi, I am new to pI3 so maybe this is easy thing, but I cannot get my video out of PI3 in 720x576 format. In Project Settings I changed Stage Size to the required size but in the fields next to it the ratio is 640 x 480 and even if I rewrite it and I save it, the next time it is back to the original values, not 720x576. When I go to Save Output than the resolution indicated, at 100%, is still only 484x414.Why? Could you please tell me what to do about this? I want to use the video in AE later on. Thanks a lot for help.

Return to posts index

jamesinnewcastle
Re: Please help, how do I get 720x576 format output video?
on Apr 16, 2007 at 10:34:34 pm

As PI uses the image on the screen to render the output then the image on your screen has to be the FULL size that you want to output. You should open the stage up as big as you can and select zoom to 100% and none of your image should be 'missing'. Then you can render out full size.

Because the resolution you are getting is an odd number it sounds just like the problem I had recently and so the answer above should work. If your screen resolution is too small you can use the stand alone renderer, which is in there somewhere.

After this you will re-read the help file and find it was in there all along, just the same as I did!! (The Offset function in PI is still a PIG however!)

James

Return to posts index

Amnien
on Apr 17, 2007 at 11:59:51 am

Thanks a lot. You were right in both cases = it works and I really found it later on in the manuals/tutorials :-)

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Apr 19, 2007 at 8:48:12 am

Just to add to the answer.

If you want to do PAL resolution projects then set your project up to 768x576 and make sure you interpret the footage as square pixels in After Effects.

This will make your animations look perfect when you put them into a PAL resolution AE composition.

It's a square (computer) v. non-square (video) pixel thing that we don't need to get too detailed about here.

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]