FORUMS: list search recent posts

output problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hiten
output problem
on Apr 15, 2007 at 8:38:03 am

i m having x300se display with 128mb ram & using pi3 now my problem is i am unable to get a good & clear resolution out of my pi3 even whn the stage is set at 720x576 size . the out is not clear in any of the avis pls help me

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: output problem
on Apr 16, 2007 at 6:36:54 am

What codec are you encoding the AVI with, that will affect the final quality of your AVI tremendously. And what's your intention to use the final footage for (for the web, out to an editing program for broadcast, just to view on your own PC)?

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

hiten
on Apr 16, 2007 at 6:56:37 am

I tried using various codecs, i had made some flower falling effects & thy r 2 b shown in some stage show using leds or may b even on watchout. so the clarity has to b very clear, can u tell me whether i can take the full project on ae7 & finish rendering on it & thn put it in premiere or something like it, I m very new , i know i may sound stupid but nevertheless, i feel i will b helped...

Return to posts index

jamesinnewcastle
on Apr 16, 2007 at 10:58:27 pm

Hi

I'm new to this too but the general advice seems to be don't convert to avi (or your target format) until the very last moment. Render your animations as a series of TIFFs or some low loss still image file and work with them. This has several advantages:

1. Nice clear images all through your work flow.

2. The ability to always render 'down' to a suitable output quality even if your original target changes - remember, you can't render 'up'in quality!

3. Your PC may crash in a long render but you only need to pick up from the last good 'still' whereas an avi would have to be restarted and still present the same risk of failure.

4. You can edit individual images or even delete individual images!

I use Cinema 4D, PI and Premiere and they all handle/generate a sequential numbered series of images so while the avi is obvious the stills sequence is better. Animations made in cinema have PI effects added and then possibly some manipulation in Paint Shop before finally assembling the stills and sound track in Premiere Pro.

If you transfer between applications using avis you will soon find that image quality deteriorates as each program takes a compressed file and recompresses it then the next compresses again. The exception to this if you use a 'lossless' CODEC such as the (free!!) Lagarith one (works on 64 Bit too!!) The penalty is that the .avis are relatively Huge! and you only have to break them back into frames anyway.....

During your workflow you may wish to preview your work as an avi - no problem just do so and disregard the quality, look at the content. However use the stills for your formal output.

Hope that helps.

James

Return to posts index

hiten
on Apr 17, 2007 at 4:31:02 am

Thanks 4 all of you for supporting me. now i need to concentrate on making new emitters , might need help from u guys agn till thn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]