FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this just my PI?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamesinnewcastle
Is this just my PI?
on Apr 9, 2007 at 11:36:54 pm

Hi All

Anyone any idea what is wrong with my Offset? The following seems very odd - does this happen on your machines?

1. New - start from clean sheet
2. Add an emitter somewhere close to the centre
3. move forward 4 frames
4. Click on offset and click an new offset position close to the old one (The offset moves and the emitter moves by the offset and the little dots appear for the intervening frames - Good)
5. Right click on the Offset and select Break

Now on my system the emitter disappears. The first 4 positions are recoverable but on reaching frame 5 the emitter has gone!!

The offsets were very small so it can't be that the offset has put it off the screen? It can't be that I've generated a corrupt file because we are only a few clicks in? Any ideas?

James

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Is this just my PI?
on Apr 10, 2007 at 1:14:57 pm

You're using "break" wrong. "Break" means "this is the new reference point for any layer offset animation". Here are the correct steps you should take:

1. New - start from clean sheet
2. Add an emitter somewhere close to the centre
3. move forward 4 frames
4. Click on offset and click an new offset position close to the old one (The offset moves and the emitter moves by the offset and the little dots appear for the intervening frames - Good)
5. Move one frame forward and click on the stage to set a new offset position (on the new feature you want to "track"). The emitter(s) will jump to the wrong position -- don't worry.
6. Right click on the new data key in the Layer Offset graph and select "Break" -- the emitters will move to their correct position.

You should probably read the Layer Offset section of the docs again.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]