Complex Tracking with the Offset and Angle Functions

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamesinnewcastle
Complex Tracking with the Offset and Angle Functions
on Apr 9, 2007 at 4:04:57 pm

Hi

Hi All

I'm happy with the concept of Offset and Angle and all the examples work nicely, but as usual I seem to have hit on a nightmare scenario!

Imagine filming a tank rolling down a long straight street. You are up in a building on the 4th floor filming the tank from extreme right to extreme left so it comes from the far distance to your right, passes below you and moves into the distance to your far left.

Thats the background video, now imagine soldiers dotted along the length of the road firing emmitter 'missiles' at the tank.

I've found that offset tracking one of the 'missiles' works wonderfully but when you happily think 'ah thats all the Offset tracking done' and pop another emitter onto the layer it results in that emitter drifting madly from where it should have stayed put (relative to the background that is!)

I've plotted the paths that the emitters need to take in order to follow the background image and this seems to be circular but the centres of these circles are not concentric so tracking any one means you definately won't be tracking another!

My questions are:

1. Am I wrong and I'm just not doing it right?
2. Am I right?
3. Will I have to put each emitter on a seperate layer?

Thanks all - and in anticipation of someone wanting an image - how would I put one in a post?

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]