FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emitter Catalog Searching

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
Emitter Catalog Searching
on Apr 7, 2007 at 12:00:47 am

I hope you all know about the html emitter catalog for particleIllusion 3.0 libraries that we have available on our site -- I update it every month when the new library is released. It's somewhat helpful in finding that specific emitter you're looking for, but it's still hard to search for emitters, right?

(download the catalog here if you don't have it)

Well, we've been working on that a bit, and have come up with a great way to search the catalog: CatalogSearch, a little utility for -- you guessed it -- searching the catalog. Give it a try!

(This is the Windows version -- the Mac version is not ready yet.)

Follow these steps:

1) download this file: CatalogSearch_win.zip (Windows only)

2) Unzip it so the .exe is in your "catalog" folder (next to the "catalog_pI3.htm" file).

3) Run it. The first time it's run there will be a little delay.

4) Search away!

Note that this is a work in progress, but I know you'll immediately find it useful.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

razors
Re: Emitter Catalog Searching
on Apr 10, 2007 at 3:01:57 am

As nooe else seems to have commented on this, i just wanted to say what a GREAT tool. Very Very useful.
Only downside is, like the catalog. naming is based on the original names, and not the names of emitters you might have changed - likewise with new libraries you may have created. But apart from that, I think this rocks.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 10, 2007 at 12:45:25 pm

[razors] "Only downside is, like the catalog. naming is based on the original names, and not the names of emitters you might have changed - likewise with new libraries you may have created"

That's because CatalogSearch is for the catalog, which is for the emitters we release only.

It's the first in a series of steps. The next step will be useful for all of your emitters and libraries, not just the ones in the catalog.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

razors
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:26:27 am

Can't wait!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]