FORUMS: list search recent posts

February emitter library released

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
February emitter library released
on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:28:34 pm

Sorry for the delay, but the February emitter libraries have been released.

I stuck to a theme this month, and the theme I chose was "Star Trek Transporter". I've tried to faithfully duplicate as many of the "transport" effects as I could, then made a few variations of my own. A few of them are listed as "overlays", and those are intended to be used on top of another emitter -- I couldn't figure out a good way to combine them into a single emitter.

I'll take requests for next month's theme, but if you have a request for something specific (from a TV show, movie, etc.) then please provide links to clips that I can watch for reference.

Jump to the emitters download page

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: February emitter library released
on Mar 15, 2007 at 2:29:33 am

NICE job, Alan (and/or whoever made them) . Not overdone: simple, faithful to original feel, elegant.

This coming from a non-obsessed, but loyal fan of the various better ST shows (and let's not get into that debate here, it will over-run the board, lol)

I won't use them for sci-fi tranporter effects but definitely something, somewhere down the line. Though you may not instantly recognize the tweaked versions. (Diz boy likes to get kreative...)

Return to posts index

avidoom
on Mar 15, 2007 at 3:05:57 am

Nice, thanks

The next theme could be fish species? Maybe some trout, Bass...Lol

Return to posts index

VaderKrypt
on Mar 15, 2007 at 12:14:28 pm

Great emitters i will surely use ! many thanks !

for future emitters i'd love to see some liquid metal effects (if possible)..like in the terminator movies, when shifting from solid to liquid metal.. morphing text from/to liquid metal, liquid metal pools, etc..

Return to posts index

shadu
on Mar 15, 2007 at 2:38:29 pm

Very nice emitter. I like them.

A suggestion... Beam for different scifi show can be good. Laser beam, phaser beam... etc...

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Mar 15, 2007 at 7:41:20 pm

These look great, but I think you should've made more Charmed orbing effects instead.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 15, 2007 at 7:48:02 pm

You know, it's been a long time since YOU released an emitter library...

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Mar 16, 2007 at 4:12:40 am

I'm retired. Though I do meditate frequently on the subject of particles and create theoretical emitters in my mind, which are so awesome that to actually implement them would cause the universe to fold in on itself and all matter to cease existing.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Digit0
on Mar 20, 2007 at 4:26:02 pm

Yea, but we would pay good money for that one. Besides who could refrain themselves from over using such an emitter?

I think a great theme would be "eye" emitters or overlays. Imagine a blink, glare, tears or even reflections.... hmmm.

Craig

Return to posts index

Tim Alder
on Mar 27, 2007 at 10:12:09 am

Hi I also think this month's library is great, but I think there should of been more charmed like effects, I know there are a few but I just think it would of been great fro some new ones, but I'm not just talking about orbing tho I think there should be more charmed like effects, here are some links of clips

There are a few clips there I could really on find orbing ones but I'm sure there are other charmed effects that can be done :)

Thanks

Tim

Return to posts index

Eclipse_FX
on Apr 3, 2007 at 9:25:41 pm

I know this post is a bit late...lol

Another issue which can be experimented with are water splashes, not just small ones, I mean splashes the size of those you can see in "Poseidon", or the splashes in a boat wake or those jumping sea animals plunging back into the water... ;)

I think this is also a very nice emitter theme... :D (perhaps not for this library (03/07), but for any kind of emitter library in the future...

Eclipse FX
---
http://www.geocities.com/desperate_minds
---
YouTube keyword: eclipsefx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]