FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is ther a limit on tiff sizes?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamesinnewcastle
Is ther a limit on tiff sizes?
on Mar 14, 2007 at 12:55:12 am

Hi

I am importing a series of .tiff files which are 1024 x 576 pixels and are 223KB to 1200 KB in size.

I add various effects in PI (only a few actually). In preferences my project is 1024 x 576, in Project Settings the stage size is 1024 x 576.

But when I 'Save Output' the output size is 878 x 495 at a zoom of 86%, however on increasing the percentage the width becomes stuck at 878 while the height quite happily increases until I get to 878 x 700.

Is the max .tiff size 878 x 700? Any ideas?

James

Return to posts index

jamesinnewcastle
Re: Is there a limit on tiff sizes?
on Mar 14, 2007 at 12:59:35 am

Ah yes,

The output .tiff file sizes are about 8 times the size of the input .tiffs. How does that happen? I ticked yes to compression.

James

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 14, 2007 at 12:47:16 pm

Can I suggest that you don't use TIFF? There are too many different flavors of TIFF, and sometimes there are problems. I'm guessing that the original files used a different type of compression (better) than the compression pI3 uses on output.

I'd suggest going with PNG.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Is ther a limit on tiff sizes?
on Mar 14, 2007 at 5:22:55 am

You need to increase the window of the stage until it's large enough to display the entire 1024x576 stage at 100% zoom. Quickest way to do that is to hit Alt+3. If your computer's resolution isn't set that high, you'll have to render the files in pIRender

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

jamesinnewcastle
on Mar 14, 2007 at 6:06:08 pm

Thanks Guys! Much appreciated.

Elvis - that worked as you expected, I also had a look at some previous posts which were essentially the same question/answer apologies for the repetition!

Alan - also a good suggestion - I'll try it as I don't want the file size to get out of hand as I'm going from C4D to PI to Paintshop - then to Premiere. If too many programs pump up the file size it'll be out of control!!

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]