FORUMS: list search recent posts

Something screwy going on !!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stevie003497
Something screwy going on !!
on Feb 24, 2007 at 5:06:32 am

Hiya,
My version 3.0 has been stable for a long time. The other day, I put up a demo of Adobe Encore, and now I have troubles in P.I.
I have a batch of AVI clips, made in P.I itself and After effects. They are ordinary 24-bit Uncompressed.( they are NOT DV clips ). I now CANNOT load them in as a background, as they are all grayed-out.

The funny thing is, that if I go to After Effects, and re-save them as . .
Compressed with Huffy, and/or 32-BIT with Alpha, BOTH MODES NOW WORK !!
I don't know why all of a sudden the ole Uncompressed doesn't work anymore. Yes, it's no big deal to make 'em as 32-bit Alpha, but I don't know why I should have to be doing this ( file sizes are a little larger ).
I un-installed the demo programs, etc, and re-installed P.I. Didn't fix the problem.
Any clues ?
Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Something screwy going on !!
on Feb 24, 2007 at 2:37:31 pm

[stevie003497] "CANNOT load them in as a background, as they are all grayed-out."

Do you mean the filenames are greyed out so you can't choose them? Or something else?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

stevie003497
on Feb 24, 2007 at 8:44:06 pm

When the clip appears on the P.I. screen, it's all gray and lots of vertical lines through it. Like a corrupt file. I don't have any problems loading the actual files-it's the way they appear and play ( once loaded ).

For example, if I have a clip of red cube rolling around in a blue sky, once loaded, the screen looks like a gray brunch of semi-ghosted lines/grid-patterns etc. The cube is gray, and the sky is gray. Yep, like a file that has beeen corrupted.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 24, 2007 at 9:44:37 pm

And this same exact file worked in pIllusion before you installed that other app?

Did any video drivers get updated?

I wonder if the "uncompressed" codec got updated? This is the problem that some people have seen with uncompressed AVIs, and it's why I always recommend Huffy UV instead of uncompressed. I've never been able to get this to happen on any of my systems, and I haven't been able to find a solution. It's strange that it worked for you a short while ago, and now it does not.

Did that other app create an install log of any sort? It would be nice to know what changed on your system.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

stevie003497
on Feb 24, 2007 at 10:13:32 pm

Hiya Alan,
Yep it's strange, however I will take your advice and stick with compressed Huffy-it works well that way. No fuss, no bother.
With best regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]