FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with text and anitaliasing

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Renderwise
Problem with text and anitaliasing
on Feb 23, 2007 at 12:23:58 pm

Hi!

I have issues with antialiasing in PI using text. The text is created in Photoshop with the smooth option for text. Size is 512 x 128, format PNG, 8 bit, white text on black background. I have tried Greysacale and RGB as Mode, but I am still getting text without antialiasing. Any clues or suugestions? Thanks

Renderwise Ingemar Bj

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Problem with text and anitaliasing
on Feb 23, 2007 at 1:10:03 pm

Once you create an image for import into pIllusion as a particle shape, there is nothing special about the content -- pIllusion doesn't "know" what the image contains. So there's nothing special about text images.

You don't specify at what point you're seeing the aliased (jagged) image -- so I can only guess what's going on.

It the text is white on black, then import at "regular" not "full-color", and uncheck the "use existing image transparency".

Note that if you import as 512 x 128 and try using that large shape image for small particles, you will probably not get nice-looking text.

If this doesn't help, please provide more details, screengrabs, or send a zipped project file that shows the problem to wondertouch support.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]