FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the blockers on a moving object

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whiteviper1
Using the blockers on a moving object
on Feb 21, 2007 at 9:42:25 pm

I just found out the blocker icon on PI software and i thinks its one of the most incredible thing ever. Now when i put in an emitter such as a flaming fire ball or whatever, and my object that i want my emitter to go behind is a person running parrallel with the camera. How would i , or what would be the best way to keep the object moving behind the the person as the person moves..

Thanks,
Whiteviper1

Return to posts index

ryndemers
Re: Using the blockers on a moving object
on Feb 21, 2007 at 11:40:30 pm

This is the same question I have... SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 22, 2007 at 12:31:11 am

I'm not sure if I understand, but try "Layer Offset"? Or just move the emitter manually?

Please read through the docs!

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Whiteviper1
on Feb 22, 2007 at 3:01:29 am

Hey Alan, what i was trying to ask i guess was "is there a way to keyframe the blockers so they can move with the -moving- object." this way, the emitter can slide itself behind the blocker as it moves and keeps it track as it was originally planned...

Thanks,
Whiteviper1

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Feb 22, 2007 at 4:57:23 am

You can move the Reference Point (that center small blue dot) and keys will be set. You can also move each point on its own in case you want to have the blocker follow along with a changing shape. It's kind of best to set keys on either the Ref Point OR the blocker's points, rather than both. If you first start moving the blocker points, then animate the reference point, your earlier points can move around, since the blocker points are linked to the reference.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

ryndemers
on Feb 23, 2007 at 6:18:05 pm

but when you are blocking a person the shape is always changing...

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Feb 23, 2007 at 8:35:39 pm

Then the best way to deal with that is to make several smaller blockers and animate their points to follow along. One blocker following each arm, another for the torso, another for the chest, etc.

That makes it much easier than creating one giant blocker with 40 points on it. Breaking shapes down into 4 or 6 point shapes. Also animating every 5th frame or so can really save time, and then you can go back and fill in more keyframes as needed.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

ryndemers
on Feb 24, 2007 at 3:56:17 pm

still it would be MUCH better if the blockers could just snap to the pixels so animation would be much easier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]