FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion Workflow

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DaveFliesen
Particle Illusion Workflow
on Feb 18, 2007 at 1:09:19 am

What's the best way to do your workflow with Particle Illusion?

I purchase all 6 emitter libraries and downloaded the extra free ones too, but it looks like you have to manually load libraries one folder at a time in Particle Illusion 3. Is there a smart way to manage your libraries so that you can find effects quickly?

And what's the best software workflow to use?

I'll be creating 3D graphics in Maya and some 2D in Flash. I have After Effects 7 and Final Cut HD Express. Should I create 2D effects overlays in Particle Illusion and then just assemble everything in After Effects or Final Cut?

I'd appreciate your advice on the best methods for getting started. It looks like a really great program, but it can be tricky if you don't use the right workflow to get things accomplished quickly.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Particle Illusion Workflow
on Feb 18, 2007 at 1:27:53 am

If you hit Ctrl+M in the Library window, you'll get a Library Manager that can be used to customize your libraries. It's the easiest way to have a quick look through everything and put all your favourites into a new library.

Generally when I work in 3D, I'll bring my renders as backgrounds into pI for reference, animate the particles as needed, and then hide the background and composite the pI and 3D renders together in After Effects. If you do follow that workflow, make sure to check out Aharon's pI and AE tutorials on different compositing methods (he also has a DVD that covers the subject deeper). There's really nothing wrong with rendering the particles on top of your background in pI and just taking that into your editor, it's really more a matter of whether or not you want to play with your footage more

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]