FORUMS: list search recent posts

particles or emitters along curved path

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lister
particles or emitters along curved path
on Feb 15, 2007 at 5:44:17 pm

Can PI move either emitters or particles (or both) along a curved path?
It seems that any effect I do is very linear.

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: particles or emitters along curved path
on Feb 15, 2007 at 7:22:54 pm

I have PI-3 and Tutorial (2.0) and tutorial 2 starts with that very subject "curved paths" (also known as working with Bezier curves). Right-clicking on a graph or stage window node or position gives one the "Curved" option.

AND...

If you prefer to work in curves/Bezier as a default mode, you can also set this up in Preferences so PI opens up that way instead of the default straight/angle way. There are two of these "curved" options in Preferences:

a) "Position keys created 'curved'" and
b) "Data keys created 'curved.'"

Check the box for either or both according to what you'd like. You may or may not have to close and re-open PI for this global setting to take effect.

Return to posts index

lister
on Feb 15, 2007 at 11:12:05 pm

Thanks very much, just what I wanted!

I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not completing the tutorials before posting with a problem!

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Feb 16, 2007 at 5:09:29 am

--- "Thanks very much, just what I wanted!"

You're welcome.

--- "I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not completing the tutorials before posting with a problem!"

Join the club -- we all like to dive in and get it "right now!"

But that's one thing about this program's tutorial -- it's one of the best I've seen. Readable, yet packed with facts, tips, etc. And so I'm slowly but surely moving through it (and/or going to parts I'm most interested or "when need to know" situations come up).

And of course, I also can't resist the do-and-learn fiddling around on my own too. Self-instructive fun, light and magic (watch out, George Lucas, I'm closing in on you - lol).

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:01:16 am

I started using particleIllusion in version 1 and it was so simple back then that it was easy to get away with out reading the manual.

But now pIllusion is so feature packed, that it's easy to miss things if you don't go through the manual.

If only it weren't so darn fun to play with...

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com

----------------------------------------
Click the link below to subscribe to the Creative Cow After Effects Podcast, and get free AE video tutorials:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=111087911

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]