HELP!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob
HELP!
by
on Feb 14, 2007 at 6:48:41 pm

Hello all

Got a weird one with Particle today - I am importing .avi's as background image, and all I get is a black window; even though it runs in the small preview window on opening. I tried exporting a simple .avi from Particle (which was fine), but got the same again when importing it back in.

Like I said, all has been fine up until today, and nothing has changed on my set-up or anything. Any clues?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: HELP!
on Feb 14, 2007 at 7:18:04 pm

Where are you exporting the AVIs from and under what codec? I've had problems like this when exporting uncompressed AVIs from Vegas and not checking two boxes (Create an OpenDML (AVI version 2.0) compatible file and Render Alpha Channel). Whatever program you are exporting from may have similar settings.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Rob
by
on Feb 14, 2007 at 7:43:38 pm

They are full-frames, uncompressed .avi's from Premiere, SwishMax, Particle itself... and nothing has changed (to my knowledge) as they have always worked fine before. Weird....

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 14, 2007 at 8:34:52 pm

When weird things happen like this to me, I restart the machine. You'd be amazed how often that helps.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Rob
by
on Feb 14, 2007 at 9:19:20 pm

Hi Alan

Blimey, the amount of restarts I've done today.... :( Still no joy with Particle on that front - BUT I did export an .avi through Premiere as a DV .avi, and that went into Particle as a background, no problem! Stranger and stranger.

It appears to have fixed my problem for now, but if it starts up again, I'll come begging the brains of the experts. Thanks for all of your time as ever, Elvis and Alan :)

Cheers

Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]