FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVi REquested error

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
whiteviper1
AVi REquested error
on Feb 3, 2007 at 4:19:09 am

Ive been using PI for over two years now...one problem is When i export my timeline from premiere to Pi, i save the file as a dv avi file. PI never reads it because there is a "AVI ReQuested error" of some kind. SO now i am forced to save my timelines as a Microsoft AVI file, and the quality is not as good for some reason.Actually, the quality sucks. It also takes 10 times as long to export Microsoft AVI than dv avi. SO, what i do now is export dv avi to AFter effects..and from there i make a composition out of the clip and then export from after effects to particle illusion. the quality of the picture is a little bit better. but im tired of going through that process. Is there a better solution to this.

And one other question is that when the clip is opening up in pi, there is a pop-up "image is not same size as stage make stage size same as image. What does this mean, because ive been ignoring it and putting emmitters on clips like crazy..

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: AVi REquested error
on Feb 5, 2007 at 11:30:36 pm

First, don't use Microsoft AVI -- it's not a good codec. Good ones are DivX (at highest datarates), xvid, and Huffy UV (all free downloads).

The other solution is to install a DV codec so particleIllusion can read your DV files directly.

We'll be releasing 3.0.2 that supports DV in the next few months.

If you read the "image is not the same size as the stage..." error message, it is self-explanatory. It means that the image or movie you're loading is larger (or smaller) than the current stage size. If you answer "yes", the stage size will be adjusted to the size of the movie. If you say "no", the movie will be "clipped" to the size of the stage.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]