FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Quality of Imported AVI Files

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FeelTheLove
Image Quality of Imported AVI Files
on Jan 30, 2007 at 8:34:12 pm

I am evaluating both PI3 and Trapcode. So far I like PI3, but have some concerns about the quality of my imported DV footage after running it through the suggested RAD tools and DIVX. I am getting very low quality and therefore this presents a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your time and effort.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Image Quality of Imported AVI Files
on Jan 30, 2007 at 8:42:08 pm

Convert it to a PNG sequence. Use the Huffy UV codec instead. If using DivX, set the data rate as high as possible (on my system, I have DivX 5.05, and have the data rate set to 8 Mbps).

Other option is to install a DV codec and skip the conversion process altogether.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Jose Burgos
on Feb 1, 2007 at 2:02:03 am

Yeah I never convert and import as is becasue of the codec are installed on my system.

Take care,

Jose Burgos
http://www.burgos-family.com/3d

Return to posts index

JS9Reno
on Feb 1, 2007 at 9:02:05 pm

>>Other option is to install a DV codec and skip the conversion process altogether.<<

I am new to using PI and right now I'm just evaluating the SE version. Would you mind elaborating on this procedure of installing a DV codec. If it's important to know, my editor is Vegas 7. Thanks much!

Joe

Return to posts index

Jose Burgos
on Feb 2, 2007 at 5:30:44 pm

If you captured the DV video using Vegas and it is on the same system that you are using PI, then you already have the codec installed.

Take care,

Jose Burgos
http://www.burgos-family.com/3d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]