FORUMS: list search recent posts

SE for Mac Question

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay9999
SE for Mac Question
on Jan 28, 2007 at 2:46:11 pm

Hi ... I'm playing with the Mac (demo) version of PI SE and have a couple of easy questions. I was wondering if two of the emitters from the 2006 demo movie are on the SE version? The two I'm talking about is the one where the guy is in the park and he disappears like he is going up to the mothership and the second one is where the guy is in a conference room and he is particlized and then blown away (has a green screen demo). My other questions is how do you edit the text in some of the text emitters like the MTV Logo? Is that a restriction of the demo version? I'm really new to it, but I like the program. I just can't see spending the $400 for the full version. I have a G5 Quad with 4GB RAM and it really smokes through the few emitter-laced movies I've played with.

THanks,
Jay

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: SE for Mac Question
on Jan 28, 2007 at 6:02:08 pm

Both the scenes you mentioned make use of Area Emitter Masks, which is a feature only available in version 3, not SE. I think the sparkly-beam up emitter is available for SE, but it wouldn't hug the countours of a person's body without an Area Emitter Mask (though you might be able to place a few smaller area emitters and get a similar effect). The smoke one also requires another 3 only feature, Get color from Layer

This tutorial explains how to bring in your own logo or text.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]