FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI won't load up in my brand new windows xp computer

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
y2b200
PI won't load up in my brand new windows xp computer
on Jan 13, 2007 at 7:03:07 pm

I've been using the same PI program for a couple years now in various computers, and I just bogth a brand new computer this week and I installed the program and it said that it had a bad sector, reload the program. So I did only to get the same error message. So I downloaded the demo off the website and the program won't even open up. I double click the icon, the pointer turns into an houglass for a few seconds and then nothing happens. Is there something wrong with the program in new computers? I'm out of idea's and very fustrated. I'm using Windows XP Media Center version. Did they upgrade window to not be compatable with your product? I need help!!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: PI won't load up in my brand new windows xp computer
on Jan 13, 2007 at 8:59:28 pm

Not sure if this will work, but try running "reset default settings" from the pI start menu group, then try running the program again.
There's definately no compatibility problem with pI and Windows Media Center, I just installed it on my new laptop a month ago.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

y2b200
on Jan 13, 2007 at 11:01:52 pm

Already tried that. It's very weird, I just installed the SAME program onto my labtop and it runs smoothly, I install it on my new computer and the error message pops up: "this program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the harddrive or virus, Please reinstall." After many installations, and installing on the 2 drives in this computer, i get the same respose

I'm not sure whats going on, but with this new generation of computer that are being released, it looks like the programers of this software better start working on a patch.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jan 14, 2007 at 6:07:02 am

Did you install it with your anti-virus on? That's about the only other thing I can think of that might cause a problem.

Alan might have some better insight into this than I do.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]