FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparency for Logo

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan
Transparency for Logo
on Jan 7, 2007 at 12:16:54 am

Hi, I've created a logo for a commercial and am trying to use it with Eki's "MTV" Style 01 0 emitter. It is the correct size (256 x 64) and is a Photoshop psd file with a transparent background. The problem I'm having is that there's a white outline around it when I lay it over my background image in Particle Illusion. What causes this? The image shows no white outline when I add it as a new shape and select "use existing image transparency". The white outline only appears after I preview it in emmiter properties, and in the main window. Should I be saving as a different file type out of Photoshop? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you, Donovan

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Transparency for Logo
on Jan 7, 2007 at 12:29:40 am

In my experience sometimes paint programs masks have a habit of picking up a pixel border around an object that you use to make a mask. When saving out of photoshop, even if you have an alpha channel, it's a good idea to fill in the background of your image with the same colour as the title (or the same colour as the edges of your title).

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Donovan
on Jan 7, 2007 at 1:09:57 am

Hi, thank you for your reply. I love this program and it's great for production. I wish it would take out the alpha channel with no pixel border. I used black and now have a black outline, better than white, yet it looks a little jagged. Could this be due to resolution or type of file? What file type or setting do you recommend for the cleanest "edge"?

thanks again! Donovan :)

Return to posts index

MrBill
on Jan 7, 2007 at 12:24:25 am

I've been using PNG with good results.
When I open a new image I leave the background transparent and add my layers above it then save to PNG for import into PI3. I have also used TGA with goodd results as well.
I have not had any borders show up using either format.

Bill

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Jan 7, 2007 at 12:25:43 am

if your particles are going to be small, then keep the image small, if bigger then make sure to keep your logo shape image bigger.

Things definately get jages if you use too big an image for samller particles.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

Donovan
on Jan 7, 2007 at 12:38:55 am

Thanks to you both for the help. I'll give your suggestions a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]