FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating first emitter, a Water Ball. Any tips?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeron Coolman
Creating first emitter, a Water Ball. Any tips?
on Dec 29, 2006 at 6:57:16 pm

Hi,

I'm very new to particleIllusion. I've worked through the tutorials. I want to start my first project with it and having trouble knowing where to start to create my first emitter since I can't find one that already exists.

I want to have a "Human Torch 01" emitter from fire_01.il3, "dance around" with a "water ball equivalent" of the same thing. I want the fire to look like water and the smoke to look like steam. I figured I would copy the Human Torch, then replace the particles with ones from one or more of the water emitters. I want the behavior of the particles to be basically the same.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions or point me in the direction of a good tutorial that would help?

Thanks,

Jeron

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Creating first emitter, a Water Ball. Any tips?
on Dec 30, 2006 at 8:44:30 pm

If you want the behaviour to be the same as the human torch, the easiest way to do this is to change the colours in each particle type's Properties from orange/red to blueish. You then turn off the Intense option on the 'Flames to Smoke' particle type to get a different look to the emitter. Then loading up one of the water libraries and using one of the particle shapes in there for the 'flames' and 'flames to smoke' types should give you something new. Bubbles01 is a nice one to try.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
Re: Creating first emitter, a Water Ball. Any tips?
on Dec 31, 2006 at 3:37:39 am

Thanks alot Elvis!

I would have never thought of that. I'll give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]