FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-arranging emitter library?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tarot Warrior
Re-arranging emitter library?
on Dec 22, 2006 at 1:56:00 am

I downloaded the demo version of particle Illusion 3 and so far I'm liking this prgram alot. I went ahead and downloaded the entire emitter collection off of the Wonder Touch website, but I have a question.

Is it possible for me to make my own emitter library containing every single emitter, but seperate them in folders of my choosing so I can quickly and easily find what I want without having to swap between all the different libraries?

Please reply as soon as possible,

Tarot Warrior

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Re-arranging emitter library?
on Dec 22, 2006 at 4:51:59 am

Go into the Library and hit Ctrl+M to bring up the Library Manager. That'll let you reorganize all the libraries pretty easily, it's pretty self-explanatory once you have the interface open.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Re-arranging emitter library?
on Dec 22, 2006 at 2:56:33 pm

It is technically possible to do this but...

DO NOT DO IT!!

One huge library with 1800+ emitters would most likely cause big problems.

If you want to test this, do the following:

1) Load any library, then "save library as" and give it a new name ("my big test")

2) Open the Library Manager by selecting "Manage"

3) Select a library in the center list, then select the first folder in the right list and click the "<- Add" button. Repeat for each folder in the selected library.

4) Select another library in the center list and repeat.

I'd suggest doing this for 5 libraries or so, then closing the manager. I don't suggest rearranging any emitters in the library yet.

See what sort of performance issues you get. You may want to close pI3 then open it again.

You can keep adding libraries to this test library, and see what starts to happen.

Another thing to point out: when 3.5 is released later this Spring or Summer, it will have an entirely new library system that will essentially do away with libraries, and allow you to search and categorize however you want.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]