FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loopable smoke?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan5
Loopable smoke?
on Dec 7, 2006 at 2:10:06 am

This has probabaly been asked before, my searches dont turn up anything with an answer though, so hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

I am using particleIllusion to generate the effects for a video game because Im too lazy to code my own particle effect engine and this one is the best money I have spent, it rules.

I have a house, and would like to use pI to make smoke come out of the chimney. The smoke effect I like is in the emitters_04_06 pack, called Simple Slow Smoke 01. The problem is simple, no matter how many frames I make the smoke its very obvious where the pre-made animation loops. The whole pillar of smoke jumps a little. I dont want to fade it out and start it over, that looks too wierd.

This scenario is true with most of the "constant effect" emitters: where to loop, how to loop? Begs the question: can you loop? Some of them im looping anyway but they are so small you cant tell. Smoke is the big one though... its always really obvious.

Hope somebody can assist me because the answer to this question would help me use so many other effects in loops too!

I thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]