FORUMS: list search recent posts

background movie

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
celmar
background movie
on Dec 5, 2006 at 4:28:54 pm

Hello! I begin with particle illusion... I don't understand why, sometimes, a movie (avi) is imported without any problem, and sometimes, it stays a black screen... I've render a small animation-test in 30 ips, for example, to learn P.Illusion, but clicking background image I can see the thumbnail, but not, after, the little film... surely, I miss something, but what????????

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: background movie
on Dec 5, 2006 at 6:12:07 pm

2 Things to check:

1) On the OpenGL page of particleIllusion Preferences, check the "do not use texture RAM for bg images" option.

2) What format (codec) are the movies in? Are the ones that work the same format as the ones that do not work? I suggest DivX, or Huffy UV -- both free downloads (search the web for them).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

celmar
on Dec 5, 2006 at 8:40:19 pm

Thank you, I 'm going to check... about the format, yes, it's always the same, uncompressed straight out of the carrara render engine... rather heavy folders, I 'm afraid; one thing:if there are no textures, it's ok; but with fulle textured movie, it seems to be a problem... I don't understand why, because textured or no, it's the job of the 3d works, not of the post process?...

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Dec 5, 2006 at 9:06:41 pm

I don't know why, but uncompressed is a problem sometimes in pIllusion. Download Huffy UV, which uses lossless compression but creates smaller files than uncompressed, and always works in pIllusion.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]