Cant import text file

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
martin
Cant import text file
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:28:13 am

Hi
Cant import text file. read Elvis Deane's tutorial but P.I wont except the text?.."Error loading"
Any ideas

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Cant import text file
on Nov 28, 2006 at 3:26:11 pm

What file format is the text image that you're trying to import?

Check the post a few messages below called "Adding Particle" which was a similar problem.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Return to posts index

martin
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:34:11 pm

Start P.I Right click on logo emitter, Emitter properties in library. particles tab, change shape. " pillusion is highlighted"
Little button bottom of box, add new shape to library. open Png,tiff,I'v tried just about every image format,message error loading ?..tif, png ect,ect, and that's pretty much it cant load any format into P.I......One more thing I don't quite understand, is if the file did import I don't understand how one imported image could work with multible layers of "pillusion" text?......I can understand if there was one instance of pillusion text to be replaced by the one imported but multible text how would you do this?...Or maybe I'm mistaken. Either way I'd like your opinion on how you get the text into the program.
By the I'v only just got the program I'v got most things sorted it's just the text thing.....Can you help?.....Pls!

Thanks
Martin

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Nov 29, 2006 at 1:00:45 am

Rather than doing it in the library's Properties window, try placing an emitter on the stage and then going into its Properties and adding the text image through that interface. I only suggest this method because I know it always works, and I've never done it through the library's Properties windows that I can remember, and perhaps there's a bug or something no one's caught through that method.

Once you've added the particle shape into your library, you should be able to just select it from the Shapes tab in your Properties and Make Active for any other emitters or particle types, which I guess could be annoying if you have a lot of them to change. Now I haven't tried this to know for certain, but if you really wanted to get rid of the "pIllusion" text permanently and replace it with your own image, I think you could delete all the instances of the "pIllusion" particle shape from the library, and if your own text is the only shape left in the library, all the emitters should adopt it automatically. Could be wrong though.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:30:59 am

Also check to see if you can import one of these images as a bg image for a layer. If you get the same error message, then you probably are missing some image DLLs and should reinstall.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

martin
on Dec 2, 2006 at 5:14:13 pm

Thanks to every one!....Reinstalled now every thing wors fine. Only thing is I'm dreaming about the seqence of events I did it so many times I could get the text in blind fowlded!...Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]