FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing movie files as a P Iluusion 3 background image

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gazpacho_uk
importing movie files as a P Iluusion 3 background image
on Nov 24, 2006 at 9:25:54 pm

I know this has come up before and I have read the comments on this issue, but I still cannot add a movie as the background image. I have tried AVI and have converted AVI to DIVX, but neither owrk, with the AVI attempt crashing PIllusion 3 everytime. I have converted AVI to PNG, but this just comes out as one frame and not a movie so any advice how to get a movie in there in simple terms (sorry ..... my brain is hurting now with all this). Any programmes I need to convert the movie files .... anything ..... anything at all that will help me actually get a special effect into a small clip and I will be a happy man.

Thanx

Return to posts index

alexstrandlego
Re: importing movie files as a P Iluusion 3 background image
on Nov 24, 2006 at 11:52:38 pm

if you convert a .avi to a .png it will just be a frame not a moving video, to convert a .wmv .mpg or .mov to an uncompressed avi open up the video you want to convert to an avi into your video editing program (i use sony screenblast movie studio) if you dont have that you can download videomach wihch you can get http://videomach.com/VideoMach-2.7.2.exe . and now click make movie, now where you choose the template or codec choose uncompressed

now make the movie,

Alex.Strand.
alexstrandlego@hostbrickmovies.com

Return to posts index

alexstrandlego
on Nov 24, 2006 at 11:54:39 pm

oh and i forgot to say, if you want me to convert the video to an uncompressed avi
you can send the video to alexstrandlego@hostbrickmovies.com and i will convert it for you,

Alex.Strand.
alexstrandlego@hostbrickmovies.com

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Nov 26, 2006 at 12:43:19 am

What editing program are you using? If you're running Vegas or Premiere, I suggest you try the frameserver option mentioned in this tutorial.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]