FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrix emitter change speed of the falling characters

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
StieviesWonders
Matrix emitter change speed of the falling characters
on Nov 24, 2006 at 1:25:54 pm

Hello Boys,

I would like to change the speed from the falling characters in the Matrix emitter (default Library). I think I looked everywhere and I tried lots of possibilities, but so far without good results.
I'm looking for a kind of extreme slowmotion effect with this emitter. I changed the original characterset into a new set of characters (name of a famous conductor) and playing the sequence the falling effect is far to fast. Putting the slider on slow just influences the speed of changing characters.

Exporting in QT and importing in Final Cut Pro and reducing speed to only 60%, 40% or 20% doesn't give what I'm looking for.
Even the Flicker Filter couldn't do his job here.

Overall the effect should be like very slow falling characters smoothly fading in/out, growing/shrinking etc.

Is there a way to get the desired result or should I look for another emitter?

Return to posts index

MrBill
Re: Matrix emitter change speed of the falling characters
on Nov 24, 2006 at 3:19:05 pm

Try setting the "Random Start Frame" (From the Particles tab in the Properties window)
to "Off" and setting the Life to 500.
This slowed it down for me. Also try adjusting the Random Start Frame setting to get different effects.

Bill

Return to posts index

StieviesWonders
on Nov 24, 2006 at 4:55:05 pm

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I checked and dubble cheked if I had turned down the slider to Off at Random Start Frame and then I started changing life in [Matrix Falls 0] and in [* bright]. But I don't see any real changes in speed?
I also tried life in [* dim] but that doesn't help either.

Do I have to look somewhere else for changing life to approx 500?

Steve

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Nov 24, 2006 at 8:48:05 pm

Lower the velocity Value a lot.
Raise the Life value a lot
Bring up the life variation value for each particle type a bit.

In the emitter properties Make sure that both particle types are set to show a random frame, but that they are also set to off for the image sequence slider (Slider next to the particle shape image that Looks like: Off_______Fast).

In the colors tab I would copy the gradient for the particle type called "Bright" and paste it to the particle type called "Dim"
Also set the gradients to repeat a bit using the repeat slider.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

StieviesWonders
on Nov 25, 2006 at 1:35:54 pm

Hello Aharon and Bill,

Thanks for your advice. I just looked at this tread and saw that Mr.Bill also replied. He enclosed a slow version of the emitter. Just what I'm looking for. Together with your advices and exemple I'm sure I can manage to get my slowmotion of characters (of Dmitri Shostakovich!) set to work.
It is supposed to be viewed on a 6x4 meters vidiwall in a concert next wednesday.

Thanks a lot and I appreciate very much your help.

Steve

Return to posts index

MrBill
on Nov 25, 2006 at 3:56:22 pm

Steve,

You are welcome, hope all goes well, let us know how it works out.

Bill

Return to posts index

MrBill
on Nov 24, 2006 at 9:59:09 pm

Steve,

I changed the life in Matrix Falls 0 later I rsised the life in Bright and Dim to 50 and lowered the number in dim to two.Get the emitter

Let me lnow if this runs slower on your system.

Bill

Return to posts index

StieviesWonders
on Nov 30, 2006 at 3:42:09 pm

Hello Bill and Aharon,

Yesterday I directed my concert with 3 live-camera's and video-footage. After all I didn't use the Matrix emitter with the slomo effect. Somebody else came up with video-footage which was very beautyful for that specific part in the concert. For another part in the concert I made about 8 minutes of Particle Illusion effects with the Light Flowers from October 2005! I changed the colors, movements and life particles. Together with the lightplan in the concerthall it was a 'colourful' spectacle greatly appreciated by the audience.

Thanks again for your assistance and I will work my way through the tutorials. I'm sure I can use PI in the next coming concerts more often!

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]