FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke Problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ajarnmichael
Smoke Problem
on Nov 19, 2006 at 8:32:54 am

Whenever I try to add a fire/smoke effect into a video, the results never look right around the edges where the smoke is. The smoke tends to look like multiple transparent blobs rather than smoke particles. Is this a problem with the way I am exporting the effect into my NLE (Vegas)? The procedure I use is to add the effect in particle illusion using the original video as a background. I then remove the background and render as an .avi file. I then import the .avi into Vegas and place it over the original background video again. I remove the black background that the fire/smoke effect is rendered with using chromakey. I am thinking that perhaps because the smoke is a dark effect that the smoke properties get removed when I chromakey out the black background. Does this sound like the correct cause to the problem or is there something else I am missing such as missing step before rendering? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Smoke Problem
on Nov 19, 2006 at 8:04:54 pm

Rather than rendering to an AVI, render out to an image format that supports alpha channels (PNG, TIF, or TGA) and enable it in the Output Options. Then when you import them as a clip into Vegas, you won't have to key anything out. Should give you a much cleaner edge.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Return to posts index

razors
Re: Smoke Problem
on Nov 19, 2006 at 10:35:55 pm

I had a similar problem recently on the Explosion 1- 4 Emitters, which meant when I brought them into my Avid (and DS) the Explosions would happen cleanly but the Smoke would be left behind as a big Black blob for a few seconds then disappear. I exported the Explosions always as a series of Targa Files (first with 'Remove Black Background from RGB Channels selected, then deselected) and nothing made any different. It took a lot of playing with the Emitters and eventually altering Visibility parameters to get it to look better.
I was wondering if anyone else had these issues.

Razor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]