FORUMS: list search recent posts

length of video changes after rendering

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
will morris
length of video changes after rendering
on Nov 15, 2006 at 9:34:04 pm

I have been using the demo version of SE for a few days to test it out....
and ive noticed that when I load a 30 second video as my background image, and i add the particle fx and render it out
either uncompressed, or using a variety of codecs my video is 4 seconds shorter in length...it looks like its all there...as it goes from the first black frame
to the end black frame....but it always reads as 26 seconds as opposed to 30 seconds...

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: length of video changes after rendering
on Nov 15, 2006 at 9:45:16 pm

Could it be that your frame rate is different in the video clip than it is in the pI project? You can change pI's frame rate in the Project Settings to match whatever the frame rate is in your clip.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Will Morris
on Nov 15, 2006 at 11:14:43 pm

my frame rate for my video is 29.97.... and when i put that in as the frame rate in the project settings tab...it spits out one fram of video...i tried 29, and 25 as the frame rate and it gave me 27 seconds and 31 seconds back respectively..what gives??

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Nov 16, 2006 at 7:27:10 pm

SE only does whole number frame rates, being able to do 29.97 rather than 30 was something added in 3.01. That still doesn't account for your 4 second loss though, because if anything you'd be gaining a couple of frames, not losing them.

The only thing I can think of suggesting you try is rendering out the particles alone with an alpha channel, and laying them over your video clip in your editing program.

--
Elvis Deane!

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Will Morris
on Nov 17, 2006 at 3:30:30 pm

how do i render my particles with a alpha channel...i have yet to figure this one out

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Nov 18, 2006 at 4:04:14 am

Render as a sequence of TGA images. That will bring up the alpha settings in the Output Options.

--
Elvis Deane!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]