FORUMS: list search recent posts

particle illusion has encountered a problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DiJeES
particle illusion has encountered a problem
on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:44:14 pm

I have a demo copy of ParticleIllusion SE and it looks like just what I need to do effects backgrounds for our church. However when I try to render an AVI file, after the window to set the number of frames rendered, when I hit OK, I get " particle illusion has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have checked to make sure the video driver is the latest, and need some new clues (cause I don't have one). This app looks killer for what I need, If I could just get it to run.
BTW
Running on a SONY VAIO laptop, rendering to jpegs or gif etc works fine, but it's a PITB to stitch all those single files together.

Thanks for any feedback

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: particle illusion has encountered a problem
on Nov 15, 2006 at 7:04:27 pm

It could be the codec you're choosing when rendering the AVI that's causing the problem. Have you tried more than one?

Most video editing programs have a way to import a sequence of images as if they were a video clip. When you select the first image in the sequence, you usually get a checkbox at the bottom of the window that asks you if you want to import as a sequence.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

DiJeES
Re: particle illusion has encountered a problem
on Nov 15, 2006 at 8:06:31 pm

The error message occures after the "output options" pop up and before the "AVI options" pop up, so I don't get the chance to try different codec. I did find an old thread on what seemed to be the same problem and tried 1. Turning off Hardware Acceleration, 2. Changing the screen size 3. reinstalling pI. Another thread suggested going to an earlier version of the video driver, which is the last resort as I had to update all the hardware drivers to get the laptop to work with the video projector we use to show the slides I would like the pI backgrounds for. So I may be at an impass here. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]