<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dotan
A challenge for the pros
on Nov 10, 2006 at 10:03:20 am

After seeing elvis latest tutorials i had an idea for a next tutorial
for something i wonder how to do in a long time
so maybe one of you pros here can have the answer
what im trying to create is the effect seen in "blade"
when he hits the vampires they turn into small fire particles and leave smoke after they vanish
anyone tried it before?
hope someone here can get a solution for that
thanx in advance

Return to posts index

Dionysus
Re: A challenge for the pros
on Nov 11, 2006 at 1:23:44 pm

Since I forget how the effect was done in Blade (I just remember the ugliness about the humans expanding and exploded with mass of blood after being injected with the virus or something else.) Roughly tried, but the result is less satisfied. If you are asking for the original disintegrating effect which the got-color-from-layer(model) particles turn into flame color, this shall NOT be done technically in pI3. The least thing I tried is that use only the get-transparency-from-layer. Since the transparency-over-life is assigned to this function, I have to set the visbility to fade out in the actual scene time graph. But still this ends up looking like the model is being covered by mass of particles and then disappeared behind the effect.

http://www.geocities.jp/megidohk/flame-bu.zip
(right click "save target as...")
This pI3 project file is lacking in the keyed model because I want to reduce the file size. Download the project file of Elvis' disintegration tutorial. Then place my file in the same folder and import the "Elvis being hit" animation (total 65 frames) at the top layer. Remember to un-select the "hold last frame after sequence is finished".

http://www.geocities.jp/megidohk/burning-elvis.jpg
(may look great if you're in tight-black-leather hero or evil uniform blah blah blah~)

--
Thomash's music works and amateur artwork

Wanna send me an email? Do it now!

Return to posts index

dotan
Re: A challenge for the pros
on Nov 12, 2006 at 12:02:55 pm

I tried that and it doesn't look like in the show and not realistic but still looks good
can you explain a little what i need to adjust so i can use it on other videos?
thanks allot for this file
any other attempts guys?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]