FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Limit ? Processing overhead ?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bonniol
Frame Limit ? Processing overhead ?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 8:46:46 pm

I'm working on my snow projects...

One thing I've noticed, for the first time I am making some really long animations, and it seems as though PI won't render beyond 999 frames. Is this the case? Also, I am working with a variety of forces to simulate gusts of wind. I am also adjusting particle emission angle, and the emitter velocity to augment this. At this point, when I am working in the project, anytime I attempt to set a keyframe, I have to move and hold my mouse for up to 3-5 minutes while the beachball spins... Then sometimes the keyframe moves, and sometimes not... Is there a better way to go about setting keys. I've just had the thought that maybe I ought to turn off all the particle display while I set keys... Yes ? I'm working on a G5 quad with 8 gig of memory.

Happy Monday everybody...

Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
Re: Frame Limit ? Processing overhead ?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 10:09:13 pm

Well duh... I figured out to turn off the particles in view in order to more efficiently do keyframing.

Still not sure if there is a 999 frame limitation on renders. Just FYI, I did do due diligence in searching previous posts on this. Sorry If I have been repetitive

Best,
Bob

MODE Studios
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 30, 2006 at 10:13:41 pm

Turning off particle preview is a good speed-up, but it won't help as much if you're using super emitters.

There should not be a 999-frame limit.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Oct 31, 2006 at 5:16:42 am

You can use Numeric Entry (hit the N key to bring up the input box) to set your keys rather than clicking and dragging to create them. That combined with having particle display turned off should speed things up a lot.

I just did a 1200 frame render on my G5 iMac to check, works okay past 999 here, though the Current Frame box stopped changing after it got to 1000. Have you had the same problem using pIRender?

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Nov 2, 2006 at 7:18:58 pm

Hmmm... Wacky. I probably screwed up here somehow. I'll try again. Thanks !

MODE Studios
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

hoodoo
on Nov 14, 2006 at 2:41:08 pm

I am having a similar issue. I have a 1100 frame AVI with one emitter and everytime I render, the video goes black about 855 frames. The emitter still runs, but when I view the rendered file, it has no audio or video from the AVI after ~855 frames. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]