FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Truespace and PI - how come the PI runs slower then Truespace animation?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DavidD
Using Truespace and PI - how come the PI runs slower then Truespace animation?
on Oct 28, 2006 at 5:43:44 pm

I was trying the position exporter for Particle illusion for Truespace. I created a sphere, put it on a path (120 seconds),animated it with the Position exporter, then exported the text file. I opened up PI and put an emitter (blob). I imported the text file, it showed me the path, it was looking good.
I then imported the AVI of the rendered sphere moving from Truespace and used that as a background. BUT when I scrubbed, the sphere moved to the end of the animation and the BLOB was still only 1/2 through the path trying to catch up. I don;'t know why considering they both are 120 frames. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Using Truespace and PI - how come the PI runs slower then Truespace animation?
on Oct 28, 2006 at 9:19:53 pm

I'm not familiar with the Truespace exporter, but is it possible that the frame rates of your scenes are different between the two programs? If your pI scene is set to 30 frames per second and the Truespace clip was set to 15 or something, that might account for the difference.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

DavidD
Re: Using Truespace and PI - how come the PI runs slower then Truespace animation?
on Oct 28, 2006 at 11:15:15 pm

Yes, that was it. Thank you. Iwas at 15fps in TS and 30in PI. Fixed it.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Oct 30, 2006 at 1:22:58 pm

It's always about the frame rate...

Ther tipoff was that it was halfway behind - meaning half the frame rate.
However, I'd like to mention (in case someone turns up this string in a search) that some particle effects take a few moments before appearing - such as if thier initial transparency is all the way up and fades in. In those cases, you also won't get a perfect match - When that happens, I like to push my particle effects up in the timeline a little bit so the effect happens exaclty when i want it to.

Make sense?

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved