FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to re-organize my libraries

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bonniol
Want to re-organize my libraries
on Oct 27, 2006 at 5:43:56 pm

I did some searching through the forum on this topic, but didn't find anything... Sorry If I am replicating a question.

I have ALL the emitter collections, including the pro-emitters. I'd like to re-organize the emitters into catagorical libraries, i.e. put all weather phenomena together, all pyrotechnics together, fantasy/space, etc.

I'm finding that I can't do this at the system/directory level. Do you guys have any suggestion of the most efficient way to go about this ?

BTW, I'll be sending you pictures, but we've used PI extensively in creating media for the largest LED screen on earth in Beijing for the olympics. 870 feet long, by 120' feet wide, 80' above the street. It's a roof screen that covers a pedestrian promenade, and it's visible from space !

Any advice on re-organizing media is much appreciated.

Best,
Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Want to re-organize my libraries
on Oct 27, 2006 at 6:43:31 pm

You can't do it at the system level -- you'll need to use the Library Manager for this. This may take a lot of work you know, since there are over 1800 emitters, not counting the Pro Emitters. If you find that it is a painfully slow process, you may want to just wait until 3.5 is released (6 months or so) which should have a new library system.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
Re: Want to re-organize my libraries
on Oct 27, 2006 at 6:45:59 pm

Alan,

Thanks... I had begun to use the Library Manager, but it WAS going very slowly, and I thought perhaps there must be a better way.

I love PI, it's helped us through many a jam, but I've always been stymied by trying to find the right emitters. I guess I will content myself with the new HTML Emitter guide until 3.5 arrives.

Cheers,
Bob Bonniol

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Entertainment Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]