FORUMS: list search recent posts

animating in real time to music

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Elkins
animating in real time to music
on Oct 17, 2006 at 8:27:09 pm

Hi all,

What would be the best way to animate some eye candy put to music? I want to be able to play the music and "draw" to the beat using a Wacom Intuos 3 12X19 tablet. I currently have a new computer being built that uses an AMD Athlon 64X2 5000+ CPU along with a 256MB nVidia GeForce 7300LE Turbo Cache video card. I'm HOPING (crosses fingers) I will pretty much be able to do this in real time, but maybe I wont. If I can't, what method would be the best in order to sinc the movement of my emmitters with the beat of the music? Some of the music will be very cinematic and will not even have much of a beat. I'm trying to make something that will be shown on a large outdoor display. I can think of several methods, but was wondering what more experienced users here would suggest. This is where I could really use an audio track with visible wave forms. Any suggestions on keeping my movement with the music?

Also, My version is 3.0, 20 May 2003. Aside from monthly emmitter libraries, have I missed any newer releases?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Jose Burgos
Re: animating in real time to music
on Oct 19, 2006 at 1:04:03 am

Magpie pro http://www.thirdwishsoftware.com/index.html
is a lip sync program that maybe the answer.
You could create expressions but of the emitters as you want them to match the music (there is a tutorial on making an expression lib).
Then when your done you can print out the exposure sheet.
Now use the exposure sheet to know when to add the emitters on a frame by frame basis.

I have version 1.25e and I can not figure out how to play the music and add an expression (using a keyboard stroke) in real time but email the programmer as he has always added features for his users in the past.

Good luck,

Jose Burgos
http://www.burgos-family.com/3d

Return to posts index

Chris Elkins
Re: animating in real time to music
on Nov 13, 2006 at 3:37:25 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]