FORUMS: list search recent posts

pI_Render fails to run

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
metaphilos
pI_Render fails to run
on Oct 12, 2006 at 9:32:10 pm

Someone described a similar problem but he never responded back if he had found a solution.

I used pI_Render successfully for a long time and then did not use it for a few months and
when I tried to use it, it just closes.

My problem occurs when I open pI_Render and select AVI Options; the program closes. I have no problem with ParticleIllusion in rendering an avi.

Has anyone experienced this problem and is aware of a solution.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

metaphilos
Re: pI_Render fails to run
on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:29:49 pm

I just wanted to add to the previous message that I am able to use pI_Render to create an
avi, if I do not select AVI Options. The avi that is created uses the Cinepak codec by
default.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 16, 2006 at 3:38:49 pm

There's a utility called "Sherlock - The Codec Detective" that you can download to see if any of your codecs are "broken":

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Sherlock_The_Codec_Detective.htm

That might help.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 14, 2006 at 12:25:29 pm

There seems to be some problem with pIRender in the AVI area. I just checked it myself (I don't use pIRender very often), and I get an error message about the "H263 codec maximum size is ___ x____, please choose another codec", but the AVI options still displays after that. Then, I notice that at least one of my codecs is not listed there.

I thought that maybe the project that was loaded had a weird stage size which wasn't compatible with some codecs, so I unchecked "autoload" and restarted pIRender so it loads with no settings, but it gave the same results.

The only thing I can suggest is to render an image sequence with pIRender, then use another app to make it into a movie (if needed).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]