FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make an emitter from scratch?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crunker
How do I make an emitter from scratch?
on Sep 28, 2006 at 7:25:09 pm

I've been searching around the Internet since my last post here, and I've had no luck so far is finding out how to make an emitter from scratch.
I'm trying to make an emitter that depicts an electrical discharge travelling from a certain position to another certain position.

Can anyone give me some help?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: How do I make an emitter from scratch?
on Sep 29, 2006 at 4:00:26 am

This tutorial explains the basics of starting from scratch. If you bought pI on CD, there's a video tutorial on that disc that walks you through creating a similar emitter. There are also a few "from scratch" tutorials on my website (brush fire, water faucet, glowing orb) that all explain how to create different effects.

The way most pI electrical type effects are created is by using animated particle shapes of lightning striking, which can create some interesting effects.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Crunker
on Oct 1, 2006 at 4:16:37 am

How do I make the emitter allow me to chose the starting and ending point? For instance I believe that is a technique you use in your lightsaber tutorial; the lightsaber emitter allows you to choose the starting and ending points.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Oct 1, 2006 at 9:21:51 am

Right-click on the emitter and choose Make Line, though that doesn't create a start and end point, it just creates particles from across the entire line rather than from one point.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]