FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappointing Upgrade

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
4crites
Disappointing Upgrade
on Sep 14, 2006 at 1:41:40 pm

I had hope that the 3.04 upgrade would finally allow you to render things larger than 2000 pixels square using Particle Illusion Render on the Mac. Wondertouch should not make claims that this is possible when it clearly is not. I contacted support giving the details of my system several months ago, and the problem was duplicated on their end, but I never got a solution and had expected it would be addressed in this upgrade. For the project I just finished I ended up having to render all the files I needed on my Macbook Pro, which got me through, but was hardly the way I would have chosen to do it. It would have been impossible had the deadline been any tighter. I'm using a Dual 2.5 GHz G5 with an Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra with 256 mb vram. Is this bug ever going to be addressed?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Disappointing Upgrade
on Sep 14, 2006 at 2:42:25 pm

It's a limitation of OpenGL as implemented on OS X. Most video cards on Macs can only do 2048 x 2048 in OpenGL. I've heard that newer cards can do 4096 x 4096, but I don't have details on those cards. I'll see if I can get more info from Apple.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

4crites
on Sep 14, 2006 at 6:16:13 pm

Thank you for clearing this up Alan. Particle Illusion was an indispensible part of this last project, a 25'x100' projection composed of six sources blended together. I was able to make some beautiful elements.

Return to posts index

andy king
on Sep 17, 2006 at 9:09:40 am

Hi there,

Do you have any pics of your projections?
I would like to see what other users are up to outside of the film/TV area.

I am using PI in a number of ways and am about to ask my lighting students
to project on architecture around campus.

cheers

Andy

Return to posts index

MrBill
on Sep 17, 2006 at 10:55:07 am

Andy,

How about you posting some of your stuff so we can see what you are doing? :-)

Bill

Return to posts index

4crites
on Sep 19, 2006 at 3:40:53 am

Hi Andy,

This project is a film, but there are also some lighting effects using DL-1s that are projected on a tableau in front of the screen area. It is for a museum about WWI. The tableau is a reconstruction of a battlefield and we are using DL-1s to project smoke, fire and explosion effects. I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]