FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footprints

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trelawney
Footprints
on Sep 14, 2006 at 12:02:42 am

I have an idea for a PI emitter that I wanted to suggest : Footprints / Animal tracks / Vehicle tracks etc ...

I was thinking of (for example) white footprints on a black background that either walk in a line, or maybe in random patterns around the screen, and then gradually fade out.

I was thinking that the output from such an emitter could be used as a bump or displacement map on a moving plane that could be used (E.g. in Vue) to simulate say wet footprints or tracks on the sand and move like a treadmill, so that the footprints remain relatively in-place as the plane moves forward - I don't know if that makes sense?

Footprints are something that are usually hard to create in basic 3D animations, but I think this would work well.

Anyhow - knowing that my ideas are usually better than my efforts - I thought i'd mention it here to see if anyone could do this justice. >8o)

Kind regards

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Footprints
on Sep 19, 2006 at 1:16:13 pm

Cool idea. I'm big into using PI for my 3D stuff - as texture maps, bump maps, lighting gels...etc. I even made a tutorial on just that sort of thing which you can find on the wondertouch website tutorial section.

Thanks for the info!

Aharon

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

Trelawney
Re: Footprints
on Sep 19, 2006 at 1:47:24 pm

Hi Aharon

Thanks! In fact it was your tutorial that got me started on exactly this line of thinking! >8o)

This these were my first attempts incorporating PI3 & V5I:

PI3 Rain Effects with Vue 5 Infinite

&

PI3 Smoke Filter Lense in Vue5 Infinite

I've found some nice footprint and animal track images off the internet, but please feel free to make another great tutorial...

( No pressure lol! >9op )

Kind regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]