FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to make an emitter and have a few questions....

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crunker
Trying to make an emitter and have a few questions....
on Sep 13, 2006 at 12:10:57 am

I have made some progress in making an emitter depicting an electrical discharge.
I can't figure out how to let the emitter allow you to pick a starting and ending point in a frame, and I also can't figure out how to make the emitter have only one emitter within a frame. The way I have it, I can pick an unlimited amount of points on a frame, but it has a bunch of sideways electric bolts fill them up and frankly it looks pretty bad.

Again, I would appreciate a tutorial helping with this topic matter. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Trying to make an emitter and have a few questions....
on Sep 13, 2006 at 12:40:49 pm

Your terminology is confusing me. An emitter (non-visible in the render) creates particles (visible in the render). A super-emitter (non-visible in the render) creates free emitters (non-visible in render) which create particles (visible in render).

[Crunker] "I can pick an unlimited amount of points on a frame"

I don't know what you mean by this.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Crunker
Re: Trying to make an emitter and have a few questions....
on Sep 14, 2006 at 1:42:22 am

I guess I'm making a super-emitter then? I'm not really sure how to explain it.

I can click an unlimited amount of times on any given frame, and it has like little bars of lightning going from point to point.

Can someone just give me a tutorial on emitter construction? Or is it possible to edit that excellent lightning/lightning 2 emitter so that it seems like a band of electricity is going from a determined point to another. Also, other little bands of electricity should like flicker out at the ending point. Like in Return of the Jedi, when the Emperor is killed Luke by Force-electrocuting him to death. THAT is the kind of effect I'm after

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]