FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smokey Secrets Area Emitter Problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynne Mitchell
Smokey Secrets Area Emitter Problem
on Sep 10, 2006 at 4:14:44 pm

I've been following the Smokey Secrets DVD tutorial. I was successfully able to create the effect for a movie using the loaded background TGAs with alphas. But I don't like the particles popping off when done and want to use the second part of the tutorial using the 'loads alphas directly into emitter'. My only difference is I'm using mutiple frames not just one as in tutorial.
My steps: 1. Add emitter, make area. 2. in properties: check mask emitter with images. Option: loaded 1 thru 330 TGA frames (these were rendered as mask only from Premiere Movie). Checked Sequential. 3. Particles/Colors: checked random gradient color (blue to black) and Use Full gradient (white to black)
When playing, either I see nothing but black or every now and then a single particle appear and rise up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe how I exported the frames from Premiere?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Smokey Secrets Area Emitter Problem
on Sep 10, 2006 at 6:02:21 pm

It's a bit difficult to say without seeing the scene. A couple of things to check:

-In Area Emitter Mask Options, make sure Hold Frames is 1.

-Is the emitter centered in the Stage? Since the location of the image you load in as a mask is tied to the emitter's position, if the emitter isn't centered on the stage, it won't match that same sequence were it loading in as a background image.

-If you remove the sequence from the mask, does the Stage fill up with particles?

Does the alpha channel that you exported from Premiere have a very large white (opaque) area in the alpha channel?

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Lynne Mitchell
on Sep 12, 2006 at 1:17:33 am

I knew it was probably one tiny thing I was doing wrong. I had set the Hold Frame as frame 330 (the last frame). Thanks for the list to check... It works now!

Return to posts index

Timeview
on Jun 10, 2007 at 5:58:56 pm

Did you get an answer to your problem? I am trying to do the same thing but it seems that the Mac version does not have Hold, Start, Sequential,random optons when I go to Are Emitte Mask options. Anybody know what is up ?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 11, 2007 at 11:20:39 am

For some reason those controls are not being enabled in the Mac version (even in 3.0.5, the latest version).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Timeview
on Jun 11, 2007 at 11:54:24 am

I wonder if there is anything else that does not work. I had been using the PC version but i switch over to Mac version (more of my work need was being done on a Mac - FCP, Shake, etc). I hopeing I get a good solution. I also send an email to support - Thanks

TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]