FORUMS: list search recent posts

Charmed effects

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PlUgOuT
Charmed effects
on Sep 7, 2006 at 12:55:29 am

im making effects like in charmed.i recorded a video in front of a green area.i need a program that will erase the green area and make it with alpha channel.i saw this technique in elvis deanes " Disintegrating People" article and he said . In my compositing program, I've used the keying tools to remove that green screen, and then saved the clip out as a sequence of images ... i need a compositing program.where can i find a "compositing"program?

Thanx

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Charmed effects
on Sep 7, 2006 at 5:10:41 am

Many non-linear editing programs, like Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and Vegas, have keying filters that will do the job. If you have one of those, you probably don't need a compositor for this particular effect. Look under the Video Filters section of whatever editing program you have for words like chromakey or keyer.

After Effects and Combustion are good compositors to check out. You can find them on the Adobe and Autodesk sites (and the Cow has forums on both if you need help).

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

PlUgOuT
on Sep 7, 2006 at 1:57:46 pm

Which program did you use and how much time did you spend on it?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 7, 2006 at 2:35:09 pm

[PlUgOuT] "Which program did you use"

For what?

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

PlUgOuT
on Sep 7, 2006 at 3:14:59 pm

For "Compositing".

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Sep 7, 2006 at 5:58:20 pm

I use After Effects Pro. How long did it take? No idea, probably an hour for the After Effects stuff, another to create all the emitters in particleIllusion. Keying the green out can take hours or no time at all, depending on your footage and how well your greenscreen was lit (the more shadows on it, the more hassle).

There is a way to key in particleIllusion. This thread from two weeks ago has some info on tha.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

PlUgOuT
on Sep 7, 2006 at 8:30:39 pm

thank you.thank you very much!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved