FORUMS: list search recent posts

16x9 PAL Anamorphic Project Settings

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wfedit6
16x9 PAL Anamorphic Project Settings
on Sep 4, 2006 at 5:35:15 pm

I am trying to set up a project for 16x9 anamorphic DVCAM PAL footage. In FCP my footage 720x576 but it does show proper aspect unless anamorphic is checked. In PI I tried to enter the settings but the aspect ratio is off. Below are links to two screen caps, 1 of the proper frame size in fcp at 100% and 1 of how it looks in PI.
http://www.winterfall.eu/test1.jpg
http://www.winterfall.eu/test2.jpg

Also since the footage is dvcam lower field first do I want to render lower 1st in PI ? I need to take rendered files with alpha channels back into FCP.
Thx!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: 16x9 PAL Anamorphic Project Settings
on Sep 5, 2006 at 3:27:58 pm

Here's how Aharon (our aspect ratio and format expert) answered a similar (if not exact) question in an email a couple weeks ago. Hope it helps.

-----
Since particleIllusion can only read in sqaure pixels, your going to experience a problem with standard Definition widescreen footage because it's output in non square pixels at 720x486.

So you need to force Final cut tor render in square pixels at the square pixel equivilent size for SD widescreen - and that's at 864x486.

So, again force Final cut to output as square pixels with a resolution of 864x486.

When you bring that into particleIllusion it will come in correctly. Once you output from pIllusion into Final Cut, then you have to make sure to let final cut know that it's at square pixels - not sure how to do that since I don't use final cut, but that's the solution.
---

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

wfedit6
on Sep 6, 2006 at 1:44:32 pm

Thanks. Didnt have any luck. My footage is 720x576 Anamorphic. not 720x486. I was able to set a reference output movie (not self contained) with that size but the render time for 5 min was about 6 hours on my machine,which is way to long. Looks like Ill have to use AE on this one......bummer.

Return to posts index

Scott J
on Sep 17, 2006 at 6:12:50 pm

Hi,

I had the similar problem and a nice person from wondertouch emailed me not the complete answer but enough to get me started to work out the problem. You have to exsport your footage as square pixels, and at the stretched outresolution in PAL, which is 1024 x 576. I'm using Final Cut and is easily done in this package but little knowledge of other sorry. Hope this helps as it works fine with mine.

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]