FORUMS: list search recent posts

Constant emitters.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DGrob
Constant emitters.
on Aug 22, 2006 at 10:56:07 pm

I have a project with an underwater background. I've added bubbles and a "wavy" texture via PI. I'd like to add a layer of fish with a PI super emitter I've already identified. How do I make the emitter immediately generate 30 or so "fish," and simply hold and animate those original fish through the 300 frame animation?

Thanks, Darryl

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Constant emitters.
on Aug 23, 2006 at 6:04:22 am

In the fish emitter you are using, set the particle type's Number graph to 900. That will create 900 particles per second, or 30 new particles per frame.

Select the emitter's overall Number graph, set it to 100% at frame 1 and 0% at frame 2. You should now have 30 fish born at frame 1 and none born after that.

Increase the particle type's Life graph to something high so that the fish live throughout your entire project. I just did a little test, and it seems like a value of around 1200 would let them live that long.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 23, 2006 at 3:41:03 pm

[Elvis Deane] "set the particle type's Number graph to 900. That will create 900 particles per second"

Not necessarily true, unless you've tested it and this is how it works. I never intended the number graph to indicate particles per second or any other measure. All of the graphs are just generic values.

If it works out to particles per second, that's by accident.

Remember that the emitter "number" scale factor will have an effect on this, as will "number variation".

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

DGrob
on Aug 23, 2006 at 1:03:25 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I'm still struggling a bit.

The Fish 4000 are Super Emitters from the 05_07 library. So I have four sets of "numbers and life." The Super Emitter Set, a "swimfishside" set (including f-number and f-life plus number and life), and a particle "fishside" set.

I understand your instructions, but which set or sets do I modify when dealing with Super Emitters? I've tried several permutations, but something isn't working for me.

Darryl

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Aug 23, 2006 at 5:52:35 pm

If you boost up the life in the "fishside" particle type (the bottom most life graph), that should do it. You'll have to go in and change the first key in the Transparency gradient to white too.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]