FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make Keyframes using PI?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chrissibollen
How do I make Keyframes using PI?
on Aug 20, 2006 at 6:19:17 am

Hi,

I wonder how I can make such effects like they're shown in the sample movies of PI using Keyframes.Where's that option in PI?
Could you please be so kind and give a beginner a little step-by-step tutorial of how to do such a keyframe-effect :)?

That would be great!

Thanks,

Chrissi

Return to posts index

MrBill
Re: How do I make Keyframes using PI?
on Aug 20, 2006 at 3:51:38 pm

Chrissi,

Open up the manual in PI SE or PI3 go to Tutorial 2 select "The Graph Window" and read through the next few steps. I think you will find what you need there.

Bill

Return to posts index

chrissibollen
on Aug 20, 2006 at 4:36:40 pm

Hmm,sorry,but I did not find what I was looking for.

Taking keyframes from footage is not possible,is it? I mean for example,making a canvas round a guy sitting in front of a green wall and cut him off the footage-is this possible? Or do I need another software like After Effects?

thanks,
Chrissi

Return to posts index

MrBill
on Aug 20, 2006 at 4:58:52 pm

Chrissi,

Ahh... you mean Chroma key not key framing. :-)

The ability to choose a color to make transparent, yes another program like After Effects would be better, some NLEs will allow you to key out a particular color so you may already be able to accomplish this.

Bill

Cinematographers bring Shadow to Light

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Aug 20, 2006 at 5:43:47 pm

You can do this in pI with the Transparency settings of a layer, but it's pretty rough. If you double-click the T icon on the layer, you can check up to three colours to key out by selecting the boxes under Transparent Color Selection.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

chrissibollen
on Aug 20, 2006 at 6:28:11 pm

hmmm,did I get that right:

I can make a movie in front of a greenbox, then cut out my shape (like its shown in the PI sample movie 2006) and fill that shape with a particle effect,playe the layer with my body (for example) over that again in order to make my body disappear with a particle effect? Is that possible by using those transparency options?

thank you so much,I'm pretty n00b,I know ;)

Return to posts index

chrissibollen
on Aug 21, 2006 at 9:08:45 am

I found that in Dean'S tutorials:

"You'll need to begin by bringing in some footage as a background. Here we have an "actor" who was shot against a green screen. In my compositing program, I've used the keying tools to remove that green screen, and then saved the clip out as a sequence of images (PNG) with an alpha channel. So now when we import that sequence into particleIllusion, all we have is an actor standing against a transparent background."

This is exactly what I mean-you call it "compositing program"-can I do that with i Movie? Or is there a freeware-tool?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Aug 21, 2006 at 5:59:57 pm

You can do keying using those transparency options. In the particleIllusion help file, go to Tutorial 4 and Layers>Transparency. That explains how to do simple keying withing particleIllusion. It's not quite as good as the tools that you would find in a compositing program, but it works okay. You'll basically just pick a few different types of green from the footage you shoot of yourself in front of the green background, and use the sliders to remove those shades from the background.

I don't think you can do any keying effects in iMovie without some plugins. There's one here that costs $3.50 but doesn't look like it has a smoothing tool so it probably isn't even as good as what particleIllusion can do, and eZedia has one that costs a bit more and does have some smoothing capabilities. Not sure how good either of these are, but they might be worth a look. I found those with a very quick look, so you may want to do your own search to see if there are any free ones.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]