FORUMS: list search recent posts

particle lifespan nightmare...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheBoneCollector
particle lifespan nightmare...
on Aug 17, 2006 at 8:58:15 am

hey guys,

as much as i love particle illusion, i have been banging my head against the wall to figure something out. i don't want the particles to have birth or death. i want them to be ever-present, with no lifespan, just floating in the air. like no disappearing or re-apprearing. i have messed around with everything but i can't figure out how to do this. maybe i am overlooking a simple option. if i am, pls help me, it will be much aprpeciated!

thanks in advance! :)

cheers,
SD

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: particle lifespan nightmare...
on Aug 18, 2006 at 1:12:57 pm

particles without a birth are nothing, but I think I know what you mean.

To make a bunch of particles visible at the start, set the number value at frame 1 to some non-zero value. Then at frame 2 set the number to 0.

Then set the "preload frames" value to something like 60 or more to make particles present at the start.

Then crank up the life value as much as possible so the particles won't die during the time you are interested in.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

TheBoneCollector
on Aug 19, 2006 at 2:45:43 am

thanks a lot Alan, you're a lifesaver :)

if you don't mind, i'd like to know what i can do to make the particles not fall down. i reduced the weight to 10 but now they all go up. so i applied a force field pointing downwards at 10 to counter the upward motion so they cancel each other out.i just want them to float in the air and move horizontally left to right and vice versa.

thanks once again! :)

cheers,
TBC

Return to posts index

TheBoneCollector
on Aug 19, 2006 at 3:22:42 am

i figured it out. i just had to set the weight to 0 and delete the force pushing it down. it was really simple...lol. don't know why it didn't occur to me :) however, i want a better alternative to the horizontal motion of the particles. right now i have them move via 2 force fields which are then animated criss crossing each other in different directions.

cheers,
SD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]