July Emitter Libraries Released

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
July Emitter Libraries Released
on Aug 9, 2006 at 11:07:12 pm

The July library is now ready. Most of these emitters were:

1) created for one of the Siggraph in-booth demo projects

2) created for the Siggraph demo reel clips (we took a different approach with this new demo reel, and made all of the clips ourselves instead of relying on customer work. This will be available shortly on our website.)

3) created while we had some free time in-booth at Siggraph

4) a couple are old emitters that never got released.

You'll see some slight variations in some of the emitters, most notably the "flame sword" emitter. This emitter was originally Diony's work (posted here a while back), which Aharon then modified a bit and sent to me, then I changed it from a "magic" flame to a more "realistic" flamimg sword (if there is such a thing). Then Aharon and Elvis made some changes to it during Siggraph. With motion blur on, this is a very realistic emitter I think. It gets even better if you add a deflector with a little thickness to it. Just amazing.

We also discovered in the booth that the water splash emitters that I created a couple of months back look *fantastic* when used with a deflector that has a little thickness to it too. (If you're wondering what I mean by that, open the properties dialog for a deflector and adjust the "thickness" slider.)

Anyway, enjoy the emitters, and see how many of them you recognize once I post the new demo reel.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
Re: July Emitter Libraries Released
on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:01:04 am

The July Emitter Library is really great! I had a lot of fun With Elvis' camp fire, adding a second one on top of the first one and slightly changing the size and some of the other options and adding a couple forces for a very realistic fire! I want to know how he did the fairies though. I think I went through most of the options and still couldn't figure it out. Anyway... great library guys!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:24:46 am

As much as I'd like to take credit for the bullet fire, Aharon did that one. I just made the bullet hole shapes.

As for the fairies, I started with a fireworks emitter and just messed around for a few minutes. There's some f-motion randomness added so that they flutter instead of flying straight ahead.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:01:07 pm

Not "bullet fire", "campfire". You did make that one.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

avidoom
on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:36:11 am

Great, many thanks

ps. Where is my Rainbow Trout >---

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Aug 14, 2006 at 7:47:24 pm

I don;t know what you guys are talking about. I just showed up for the free grub.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]