FORUMS: list search recent posts

emitter library corruption problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
emitter library corruption problem
on Aug 8, 2006 at 11:00:24 pm

I know that there are people out there who have run into the "emitter library corruption" bug. I think it is only in the Windows version of pI3, but it may be in the Mac version too (I should check into that).

If you've been frustated by this problem as I have, you'll know how bad of a bug it is -- you can end up losing hours of work on emitters. The corruption can also be in the library backups too, so you may have to go back several backup versions.

This is what I suggest you do to minimize the potential for making this happen:

- If you add emitters to a library, don't organize them via drag and drop. Just leave them where they get put.

- open the props dialog for the library, then just close it by clicking "OK". This creates a backup of the library in the library backups folder.

- close particleIllusion and open it again. This is the only way to determine if the library has been corrupted.

- After doing this, you can then drag and drop your emitters to reorganize them.

- Don't add / delete shape images, add / delete emitters or folders, and move emitters around all at the same time. If you need to do all of these things (and you probably will), then close pIllusion and open it again after each type of action. For instance, add all of the shape images you need, then close/open. Then drag/drop emitters, then close/open. Then delete emitters / folders.

I hope this makes sense.

I have a feeling that the corruption is caused by drag/drop of emitters in the library, but I have not been able to confirm this yet. I don't think it's drag/drop itself, but a combination of it and some other add/delete function (emitters, shapes, etc.)

Truly frustrating.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]