FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion crashes

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack McGuinness
Particle Illusion crashes
on Aug 2, 2006 at 6:44:16 pm

Hi!

I made an excellent work map with emitters that was in my taste.

This morning when I went to open Particle Illusion its just crashed with an message of some kind of run time error... I didnt understand that so I toke a backup on my emitter directory then uninstalled PI and then installed it over again.

Now the default start up only includes the default emitter file so I copied all my emitters to the freshly installed copy of PI3.

What happends next... it crashes... and tell me that it is something wrong:
"An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end"!

What the heck is going on... the emitter I designed was quite heavy, about 54 MB because it included some animated frames as well... but this fade away theme doesnt make me happy.

Viking

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Particle Illusion crashes
on Aug 3, 2006 at 2:42:39 am

Sounds to me like the emitter libraries that you copied included a corrupted version of the default library. I'd delete the default library from the emitter libraries folder, then select a different library when pI3 starts and asks you to find a valid library file.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Jack McGuinness
Re: Particle Illusion crashes
on Aug 3, 2006 at 7:29:27 am

Its the library I created and bapthised myself that seems to be a problem with re-opening... that I spend to many hours on to just let go... There are no icons that shows that anything ever existed in there... and even if it contains 55mb of size the program doesnt want to open it.

Actually this has happend once before with a specially designed library and it doesnt feel good that PI put them in the dump just because its my own design!

By the way... if there is limitations in PI I would like to know them before I go on with this very time consuming creation of emitters that just dissapears after hours of hard work!

PS.

1. Are there any possible way that you can open a file in any other program to see what it really contains or if there is a strange behaviour connecter to it?

2. Can there be a problem because I have used animated sequenses to create my emitters?

Viking

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]