FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting timing? Newbie question...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny
Adjusting timing? Newbie question...
on Aug 1, 2006 at 8:39:53 pm

Hi,

I can't find anything about this in the archive: I created a transition with 2 different emitters that I rendered and brought into AE. I found that the transition was too slow, so I am trying to globally change the time on the keyframed properties on one emitter and then on the other (slightly different time parameters for the other). So I have two questions: 1) is it possible to time-stretch the keyframes globally reather than choosing each one and adjusting and 2) can I view all my affected keyframes at the same time (rather than each property at a time? I know this would be the AE way to do it, but I'm tackling how to do it in PI).

Trying to wrap my head around it-- thanks for your help!
Jenny

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Adjusting timing? Newbie question...
on Aug 3, 2006 at 2:50:31 am

I've had to do this before, and depending on the emitter, it can be a pain. You have to find the properties that are animated, then r-click in the graph window and scale the x-values using "scale". Do this for each animated emitter and particle type property. This can be a lot of work depending on the emitter.

Believe me, a way to adjust the global timing of an emitter is on the feature list for 3.5.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

jenny
Re: Adjusting timing? Newbie question...
on Aug 4, 2006 at 2:18:49 am

Thanks for the information. I believe I tried the x-scale, but I thought it affected a physical scaling and not the timing. I'll try it again the way you described it.

I'll definitely look forward to that feature in the upgrade but, in the meantime, what a beautiful application it is!

Jenny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]